Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."  3 John 1:4

Last week was was a pretty typical week around our house.  School started back after Christmas break for Marley Grace and Griffin and we all got back into our "normal" routine.  As usual I picked them up from school and we came home.  Marley Grace took off to her room to play before she had to do homework and I started working  on supper.  It wasn't long after that Marley Grace came running out of her room exclaiming that she had to tell me something.  I could tell she was kind of nervous and jittery.  She said with a big smile on her face, "I prayed and asked Jesus to come into my heart just now in my room."  I felt my heart beating fast because I knew that she had been thinking about this decision for over a year now.  So we went back into her room and I asked her a few questions that confirmed to me that she really did get saved!  Boy was this a proud and exciting moment!  I immediately wanted to call Kevin at work and tell him but she wanted to surprise him and tell him herself when he got home.  Of course I obliged!! 
What gets me about it all is how awesome God is and how His timing is perfect.  As I said earlier, for over a year now Marley Grace has been asking questions about being a Christian. Kevin and I have given her verses and explained the answers to her the best we could.  I am so thankful for Godly influences in her life like her Sunday school teachers, leaders, grandparents, and our former pastor for teaching her what it means to love Jesus and be obedient to Him.  When I step back and look at the big picture I can see just how the pieces of Marley Grace's life fit together for God's purpose.  It just amazes me!  I am so thankful! 


It's funny how we as adults go through the "motions" of life sometimes not considering how the present circumstances we're in affects others.  My point is this; the Sunday before Marley Grace got saved  we had the Lord's supper at church.  This particular day I was guilty of merely showing up and going through the motions.  Of course I think the Lord's supper is important and I understand the depth of it's meaning.  Especially now.  But this particular Sunday my mind was wandering,  and as I ate my cracker and drank my grape juice I had no idea the impact this whole process was having on my daughter.  You see, she explained to Kevin and me afterwards that she realized  she wanted to be able to participate in the Lord's supper.  She wanted to be a Christian so that she could feel close to God and pray the prayers we were saying in church.   She understood that the Lord's supper was important and that it signified closeness to God and   she wanted that for her own life!  It impacted her greatly and told me that I should never show up at church and  just go through the motions because there's always a Marley Grace or another soul that is on the brink of making a big decision! 

We rejoice in Marley Grace's decision as parents and know that God has big things in store for her. This child of mine has already taught me so much about my own life!!!  Thank you Lord!


1 comment:

  1. Sweetest thing a nannie could read. I am so happy she has the rest of her little precious life to live for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete