Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Time

Generally  in Mississippi and pretty much everywhere in the south, winters are mild.  Mild as in we are not snowed in for days, nor do we have to shovel through snow and ice to simply leave our driveway.  In fact until this year, it's been 23 years since it's snowed more than 6 inches here.  I was about 8 years old when that happened and I still remember it fondly, along with the big blue sled that my daddy went and bought for us to go down the big hill at the department of transportation.  Boy is that a fun memory!

We made some more big snow memories just last week right here at home when it snowed almost 8 inches!
It was so beautiful and very unexpected.  I never thought it would actually snow "that" much but I'm glad it did because I have 2 children...3 if you count Kevin...that absolutely loved it.  The kids were out of school for 3 days, Kevin was off work 1 day, and the snow stayed around for a week.  Not only did we have a chance to go sledding, but we built a snowman of course, made snow cream, threw snow balls, made snow angels, and just rode around and enjoyed the scenery of it all.  Even Pepper, Bogey, and Tanner, our animals didn't know how to act in it all.   Here are some pictures from our snow week.  I hope your family enjoyed the snow as much as we were able to.





No comments:

Post a Comment