Saturday, March 5, 2011

Well the Wootens did NOT fall off the face of the earth!  Truthfully I haven't sat down much at the computer lately.  I've tried to actually go to bed at night. HA:)  Struggling with migraines and getting through the gloominess that sometimes January and February can bring has been kind of a challenge for me but I'm starting to feel a renewed sense of energy with the warmer days and just knowing that spring is on it's way.  It's amazing what sunshine can do for the soul! 

February was a busy month for us though, and an exciting one for Griffin.  He turned 4!  It doesn't seem right for me to even say that but boy does he love to.  He had a "Wow Wow Wubbzy" party at the bowling alley and I'll have to say, it was so much fun!  Watching three and four year olds bowl or try to bowl rather, is a hoot!  I had the opportunity to take cookies to his class on the actual day of his birthday and that was really special for him as well.  Griffin loves Mrs. Paula and Mrs. Tracie!  He loves going to school and wants to go every single day.  I'm so thankful for the nurturing environment he's in there. 

A really MONUMENTAL event that took place in the Wooten home in February is the transfer of Marley Grace and Griffin from mine and Kevin's bed to their own bed!  YES!  Finally, they are in their own bed together and they love it.  Marley Grace started sleeping with us when she was 2...she's now 6.  Griffin came when he was old enough to get out of his crib and was actually sleeping on an air mattress in our floor for the last 2 1/2 years!   Maddox of course is still in her crib and will STAY there.  The hardest part honestly of the whole transition was for Kevin and me not the kids.  The first night or so they kind of whined and wanted to come to our bed but by night 3 we never heard a peep.  I really did "mourn" them.  Marley Grace played with my hair every single night for the last 4 years!!  Kevin and I both know that in reality this is what's best for us and for them for all kinds of reasons.  They need structure first and foremost and so far it's working out well.  Actually it's been a big stress reliever for me.  I've even read a book!!  Extreme Couponing.

On a serious but extremely exciting note, currently we are preparing for Kevin to leave on April 2 to go on mission to Nicaragua with a few other men from our church.  We are dilligently praying for the people of the region they will be visiting to be receptive and open to what God is going to do.  Kevin is a little nervous but He knows that God will use him in a mighty way if he is obedient.  We are excited about this adventure!  Please pray for the Nicaragua mission trip!  I will keep you posted. 

On this rainy Saturday I'm so proud to have all 5 of us at home lounging around doing nothing!  I think I'll go get another cup of coffee and lay on the couch.  Happy Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. As always, I enjoyed reading your blog. You do such a good job. I will, of course, be in prayer for all that is going in your life---especially the mission trip.

    ReplyDelete