Mission completed! Kevin and the mission team, of which he now refers to as 4 men that he would give his life for, returned home safely Saturday night from 8 days of serving God in Nicaragua. I know I speak for all of us wives and mommas when I say that we are so glad to have them home! Let me also say that the bond we formed while our men were gone holds a special place in my heart. I could not have made it without the calls, texts, visits, tears, and encouraging words from all four of these phenomonal women....Allyson, Carla, Olivia, and Rachel! You girls are the bomb! And get ready because all Kevin can say is, "when we go again."
As for the trip itself, I cannot even begin to describe to you the stories that Kevin has told me. If I did I know I'd make a complete mess of it. Kev and his team got the opportunity to go into some remote areas of Nicaragua and lead people to Jesus Christ. They were able to feed starving children and witness first hand the ugliness of pure poverty, while offering a glimmer of hope that these people may have never known. It was a very eye opening experience for Kevin as I know it would have been for me as well. The pictures that I have seen leave the impression in me that there are so many out there that need to know, are hungry to know, what we know as Christians. As an American I take for granted the many luxuries I have including my bible. So many don't even have a bible! What a privilege it is to have God's word at my fingertips! What an even greater privilege to share it with someone who doesn't know Him.I am so glad that the Lord intervened in Kevin's life and put the desire in his heart to go on this mission trip. It was surely no coinsidence how God brought these five men together and sent them out to do His work! All of the glory goes to God! Kevin's life is forever changed and because of that, I feel like our whole family has changed. I pray that the mission continues and that it doesn't stop with Nicaragua. It's my hope that wherever He leads us to go, even if it's down the street, that we will be bold enough to step out on faith and be obedient to His calling.
I am just praising the Lord. I prayed for Kevin, you and the children and the team while they were away. So thankful they had a wonderful experience!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud that the lord lead kevin and these men on this journey! What an amazing-life-changing event! Also so happy that he returned to your safely. We take so very many things in life, that are precious for granted but through things such as this, even the necessities make us truly priviledged! Giving thankfulness for this is paramont! As well as arming our children with the knowlege that they are emensely blessed is essential to parenting. May God continue to bless you guys
ReplyDelete