Thursday, July 1, 2010

July...Oh my!!!

Today is July 1!  Really?  Where did June go?  Summer is flying by and I guess for a stay at home mom that can be a good thing:)  We've had a lot going on this past month which is why I haven't had any time to sit and blog like I would've liked to but it's all been loads of fun.  VBS kicked off the month and the kids were truly blessed learning all about Creation......even though strep throat plagued Marley Grace part of the time and she missed some.  This was Griffin's first VBS and he learned a lot.  Play dates with friends, water slides, Aunt Lindsay's pool and DISNEY WORLD!!!!  We were fortunate to have the opportunity to vacation to Disney last week.   I have been sooooooo frustrated this week because I've been trying to make a "Disney movie" out of all of our pictures so that I could post into the blog.  Just ask Kevin, I have been at major odds with my computer.  So today I finally gave up after 4 days of  trying to figure out what is going on and decided just to put this picture collage on here instead.  The pictures though, just don't do this trip justice!

We really had the best time ever!  Kevin and I both had been to Disney World as kids but we couldn't wait to experience it with our own children.  We of course left Maddox with Kevin's parents because of her age. Daddy and Kevin had a DuPont convention at the Disney Dolphin Resort and it was fabulous, complete with a beach, 3 pools, a water slide, and water falls.  The kids enjoyed this as much as the parks.   I was a little anxious about going in June because of the heat and the crowds but it really was not that bad.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios.  Magic Kingdom was the overall favorite where we got to ride Dumbo, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, and many other classics. 
Lindsay, Kevin, and I did Space Mountain and surprisingly enough  Marley Grace did Splash Mountain with Kevin and loved it.  She made me do it again with her.  Kevin made her get on Big Thunder Railroad without her knowing what it was and it was so funny because she had  no idea it was a roller coaster.  She talked about how she would "never do that again."  HA!     The Country Bear Jamboree was an indoor show that the kids absoulutely loved.  Those big bears made them dance, clap, and laugh their heads off.  I cannot express the pure joy Kevin and I felt just watching them be in awe of all the "stuff" there was to see and do.
On the dinosaur ride in the Animal Kingdom  Marley Grace was holding her hands up in the air just as free as a bird.  I loved watching her.   Something that Kevin and I have laughed and laughed thinking back about was Griffin's reaction to the Lion King show.  Through DuPont we were able to go to a private viewing of the Lion King one night.  It was amazing!  It's comparable to the broadway show according to the lady that worked there.  It was a musical presentation where all the actors danced, sang, and did acrobats.  Like I said it was amazing and I can't describe it.  Anyway, we sat on the front row and one particular monkey immediately scoped Marley Grace and Griffin out.  He would wink and make monkey sounds right at them and Griffin was not too happy about it.  He did not like Mr. Monkey man!  Each time he would look at us Griff would point directly to the door, poke his lips out (the classic Griffin face), and say "uggh...OUT!"   It was hilarious!  We couldn't help but laugh at him because he wasn't crying like he was terrified, it was more like he just didn't like that monkey and he wanted out of there.  At the end of the show during the finale  Mr. Monkey Man came up to us and tried to give him 5.  Marley Grace did it but Griff would not so the monkey plucked a hair from his head and tried to give it to him.  It was all so funny to watch Griff's reaction to this.  Definitely memories that we will NEVER forget.  
I could go on and on with the stories of this trip because there are so many to tell but I'll close by saying how thankful I am that we were able to go on this trip as a family while our kids are young.  We bonded and made memories that will last a life time.  It was truly a time of re-connection for us as well.......considering we drove the whole way......ha, ha!  I felt like a kid again and literally had no cares that week.  I can't wait to take Maddie Bear back some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment