Friday, July 30, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

It's finally here!  The preparations have been made, the perfect back pack and lunch box, school supplies, shots, and even the dreaded dentist.  Yes it's time for my Marley Grace to go to "big girl" school.  Did I really just say that?  In 5 short days she will walk up the very same side walk that I walked 26 years ago as I went to "big girl" school for the very first time.  While this is such an exciting time in her life as we've been to the school to visit and we've talked about all of the new adventures she's going to have, at the same time I can't help but be a bit sad as any mother would be.  I wonder how many times she's going to need me to "walk her in?"  The other day we were visiting with my parents and Trapp told her how he walked me into school when I was a little girl.  He told her that for the first few days I held on tight to his hand telling him he had to go with me,  and then after about a week I looked at him and said "you don't have to go with me daddy  I can do this by myself."  I have a feeling I will be going through the same scenario.  It seems like this really is one of those "moments" in life out of the many that will feel like I'm truly releasing her out into this scary world.  I know God will take care of her and I'm looking forward to all of the exciting things she's going to learn this year as we go through it together.  Ready, set, GO!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, this is so sweet and sad at the same time we will definatly have to lean on each other as I know I am going to have a hard time letting Hallie go :( I am excited I know our girls are ready and I will be praying for you during this adventure called Big Girl school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! We will definitely have to support each other this year. I will be praying for you and your big girl too! Love ya

    ReplyDelete