Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life's a beach!

Life's a beach....or don't I wish it was!  We took our annual beach vacation last week to Sandestin with our friends the Goralczyk's.  Maddox stayed in Madison with Nanny and Grandy and couldn't have been any happier for the week.  Seeing as how she didn't "fall in love" with the beach when I took her in May, we decided that she could wait and go next year. 
This is the beach home that we rented at Baytowne in Sandestin.  It was FABULOUS in all aspects of the word.  3 bedrooms/3 baths and perfect for our 2 families!  This is the first year that we didn't stay in a high rise on the beach.  Actually, Kenny and Ashley stayed here last year and told us about it.  We were in our own neighborhood on the bay, surrounded by several golf courses, and we had our own pool that we shared with a few neighbors.  It was very quiet and relaxing and JUST what Kevin and I had been craving for a while. 



This 8 seater golf cart complete with painted flames is how we got around, and most importantly, how we got to see this everyday:


It actually was the coolest thing ever because we didn't ride "across" the street to the beach, we rode "under" the street through a tunnel.  The kids LOVED it and yep, so did I.  This may be something that the average beach go-er is used to but this was our first time to have this kind of access and it was nice. 

We got there on a Saturday and pretty much had beautiful weather the whole time.  Since we stayed 6 days this time, there was plenty of time for everyone to pretty much to do what they wanted.  The kids got to ride go carts.  Kevin and Kenny got to play golf 2 days and Ashley and I got to shop WITHOUT CHILDREN! Plus lots of beach time and pool time.  It was a great vacation!  I really, really, really could live at the beach during the summer.....IF I were RICH that is. Ha! 




                                                                                                                                                                   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment