Many times over the last six months I've said to myself that I was going to start blogging again. I've sat down, messed around with my background and design, and tried to come up with a "great" post, only to not really get anywhere. Sure we've had a super busy, absolutely loaded fun summer and there are tons of things that I could go back through to bring my blog up to date, but I just haven't "felt" it. I don't know why that is either. I suppose I just needed a break for a while. So life as a busy wife and mom of three has continued along as usual and as normal as it could be for us Wootens lately. No complaints at all. The urge I felt to write this post and begin my blogging came to me today after church unexpectedly really.
This morning I along with my family had the awesome priviledge of hearing the story of Ron and Amanda Price. He spoke at our church. A little background for some that may not know; Ron is the High School football coach at New Albany High School and last December someone shot and killed his wife Amanda and shot him too in what apparently was an attempted robbery of some sort. They have a little girl that is now four. He is raising her without his wife and her momma, Amanda. When he got up and shared his story this morning and shared about who is wife was I couldn't help but put myself in his situation. I think anybody would. I couldn't help but ask myself, "who am I?" The legacy that this woman left behind is incredible. Her love for Christ was amazing. Coach Ron said that she always had a smile on her face and that she lived to serve the Lord and others. What an awesome testimony! I cried buckets of tears as I listened to him share his testimony, not only because the story was sad, but because of the courage and faith that he had to tell it. All in hopes that someone's life might be touched or that someone might come to know Jesus. As Kevin and I were talking this evening I told him how amazing it was that God knew the "big" picture all along in Ron and Amanda's life. He knew that this situation would be used to bring people to Him. I know that my life was touched today. I know that I have some work to do. I also know that it was no accident that I was sitting in that very pew listening to Coach Ron speak. And for that I am thankful:)
Kim, I am right there with you. What a testimony that family has! It made me stop & look at myself as well, the kind of wife, mother, & Christian that I want to be, but lack in so many ways. God is faithful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you & your sweet babies!
Priscilla
You are such a blessing to us "Silla!" Love you too girl:)
Delete