As I scroll through my facebook news feed tonight after getting my babies in bed, I can't help but smile big and fight back tears all at the same time. It seems like a whole lot of my friends share mutual feelings tonight. Those feelings that we all knew were coming but somehow didn't quite know they would affect us this much. Or atleast for me. You see I was going to be a "big girl." LOL! I've been down this road before with Marley Grace. She was my first child to start "real school." 2 years ago I was in this very same boat sending her off to kindergarten for the first time asking myself, "where has the time gone?" At the time my Griffin was only 3! Now he is 5 and tomorrow he will be the one going to "real school." I really can't believe it. A KINDERGARTENER and a SECOND GRADER! This just doesn't seem right. I want to snatch them back, rewind the clock, and keep them little forever. Of course I can't do this. So tonight I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one feeling a little nostalgic and sad, yet happy and excited all at the same time. This is a new year, a new chapter, a new ball game, and an even bigger boat! I know it's going to be great. I will tell myself this over and over tonight and in the next few days and I'll say a little prayer for you too:) Love, Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment