Saturday, May 15, 2010

My next 30 years

So I got to thinking, this is the last post I'll make while I'm "30."  When I wake up in the morning I will be 31.  Wow!  I really do feel like I just graduated from high school.  Instead, I'm receiving Graduation announcements in the mail daily from 2010 grads!  Whew......where has the time gone?  I have officially come to the end of my first 30 years and the big question is, what will I do with the next 30 years?  Boy do I have LOTS of answers to that question.  This week we've experienced a revival at our church.  Not just any revival mind you, but a "Summit" where a Life Action Ministries team has come in and shared with our church.  So many things stand out in my mind about what the speakers have said this week but a few in particular have really gotten me to thinking.  Over the course of the last 7 days the pastor has said many times, "today is the first day of the REST of your life."  What I have taken from him driving this point home is that I don't have to look back to last year, last month, or yesterday at all of the things I wish I would've done "right" or "better."  God is ready for me to move forward NOW because He truly wants to bless me.  Sometimes it's so hard for me to wrap my mind around that concept but it's so true.  So although there are many things I'm going to do with the next 30 years of my life, I'm going to start with today.   I know that God has so many good things in store for me if I will learn how to "die to self,"  as another speaker from the Summit put it.  It's sooooo not about me.  Boy what a challenge!  I think I'm up for it though and I'll have to say that I don't look at turning another year older as a bad thing.  I'm actually excited!!  Goodnight and here's to the next 30 years!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kim! Hope you had a very happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete