Thursday, May 20, 2010

Marley Grace graduates!

It is a given that when you become a mom your life is filled with all kinds of special "moments."  Tuesday was definitely a big "moment" in this mama's life.  Marley Grace graduated from kindergarten!  I knew this time would come and honestly until the night before really I hadn't given it that much thought.  That all changed as I watched her little class sing their special songs, say their speaking parts, and of course walk in to the infamous "graduation song."  I do not know what came over me but all of a sudden I saw the last 5 years flash before me and I realized that my first born baby was not really a baby anymore.  She was a big girl and oh so proud to show it.  I remember how it felt the very moment she came into this world and the many weeks and months to follow as Kevin and I began raising our first child.  Precious memories that will forever imprint my mind.  Now this........one of many big "moments" in her life and how wonderful my heart feels to have had these last 5 years with her and how blessed we are that God chose to give her to us.   I know there will be so many fun times ahead but sometimes I catch myself wanting to just freeze the "moment." This has been a special week for her and what she doesn't know but someday will realize is that it's these special moments that make life worth living!  I love you Marley Grace! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. Hannah just had her kindergarten graduation too with our homeschool group. When we walked down the hallway with her dressed in her little cap and gown, we walked past the seniors in their "real" cap and gown. I told her, "That will be you in the blink of an eye." She asked, "What does that mean?" I told her it will go by so FAST! I can definitely relate to you saying you wish you could freeze the moment. My girls laugh at me taking a million pictures and trying to write everything down. One day when they are Mamas they'll understand. :)

    ReplyDelete