Griffin has been anticipating today for a long time now. Every day since I told him that he was going to be going to school with Thomas (his best bud), all I've heard is, "am I going to school with Thomas today momma?" It's only gotten worse since Marley Grace left for big girl school because he's been at home without his playmate. This past weekend we went to Nanny and Grandy's house in Madison where he was able to spend the long labor day weekend playing with his cousin Gabe (his other best bud), and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents. Yesterday when we got home I reminded him that when he woke up he'd finally get to go to his new school. I could see the delight in his eyes!! I was glad he was still excited about it; I just don't think I could've taken him not wanting to go. That was not the case thankfully this morning as he woke up. He was READY! He even let me snap a picture or two which is really rare. I can't tell you just how cute that little 3 year old boy of ours looked with his backpack on his back and his nap mat in hand ready to greet his new school this morning. On the way he told me that as soon as he got home he was going to do his homework! Ha, ha, ha. Wonder where he's heard that from? It was a sweet moment and a great day for our little boy Griff.


No comments:
Post a Comment