Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just the 2 of us

On Thursday Kevin and I had the rare opportunity to go to the State/Auburn game ALL BY OURSELVES!   I knew it would take lots of pre-planning to get all of the kids stuff ready for us to be gone on a week night but it was so worth it!  Thanks to my wonderful sister and parents we were able to go to Starkville and enjoy the game and some much needed time together, just the 2 of us.  Kevin left work a little early and off we went.  I can't tell you how nice it was just to ride to Starkville together and enjoy un-interrupted conversation.  On the way I realized that it had been 13 years since we met!!  The neat thing about it is that we met in Starkville and our first date was at a football game.  I guess that's why I always love going back to Bulldog country.  It always puts a sweet feeling in my mind thinking of all the fun memories we had there turning our friendship into what is now our lives together with our 3 children.  I always prayed when I was growing up that God would allow me to marry my best friend.  I can say without a doubt that Kevin is my answered prayer.  He is truly my best friend.  Thanks Kev for a great date! I love you.

1 comment: