Saturday, December 24, 2011

All things Christmas

Man I love Christmas!  I love all of the fun things you get to do during the holidays.  I am sitting here tonight writing only 6 minutes shy of Christmas Eve and  I can't sleep because my mind is still in "busy" mode.  It's a fun busy though.  We've made some fun memories this holiday season so far and since I haven't stopped to blog about any of them, I thought I'd share a few. 

Of course there are always Christmas parties at school for the kids.  This year I managed to make it to both Marley's and Griffin's on the same day.  From pizza for lunch at Thomas Street to super yummy gingerbread cookies at FUM, I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to share with my kids at their schools. 

I had never heard about Christmas at Cottonplant until last year. So when Christmas came around this year I told Kevin that I really wanted to take the kids there to see what it was all about.  To be honest  he was really not going for it, but the kids and I managed to work our magic pouty faces!  Boy were we all in for a big surprise!!!  There are no words to describe this place.  The lights, the inflatables, the music; it is a MUST SEE!  In fact, we went twice!  We took Nanny and Grandy to see it when they came up for Marley Grace's play.  




If you live in Tupelo then you know that Ballard Park has a beautiful lights display as well each Christmas.  Because of where we live we drive by it a lot and the kids go crazy begging to stop, get out, and walk around the park.  When Kevin came home from work one night this past week that's exactly what we decided to do.  I think we all liked playing in Santa's workshop the best!




NO Christmas would be complete without a trip to see Santa and sit in his lap.  The first few years we did this Marley Grace and Griffin were scared to death of him.  Now they love going and Maddox is scared of him.  I know one day we'll look back and say, "remember when they were scared to sit in Santa's lap."  I'm just glad it's all magical to them and that they love Christmas as much as Kevin and I do.  As you can see from the pics below, Maddox had her choice of looks for Jolly Ol' Saint Nick!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!





1 comment:

  1. This was so interesting. Thanks for letting us be a part of your Christmas. What fun memories you have made for the children.

    ReplyDelete