Saturday, December 10, 2011

Has it really been 10 years??

I can remember the day very well.  Saturday, December 8th 2001 Kevin and I got married at the Chapel of Memories at Mississippi State.  Life was good then...but it's even better now.  Notice I didn't say perfect, because it's not perfect,  but some days I feel like it's really close to being perfect:)  We owe it all to God for molding us and shaping us together through bad times and good to draw us closer to Him and closer to each other.  There is truly not one person on the face of this earth that I'd rather be with... period.  Kevin knows me better than anyone.  He is my best friend and my life.  I am so thankful for him and the husband he is to me and the daddy he is to our 3 kids.  Life is  hard but it's nice knowing that I have him to go through it with me. 

There wasn't a big anniversary celebration though we did go to the mountains a few weeks ago for a get-a-way that was much needed!  Actually it's kind of comical the way we spent our big 10 years.  We wrapped presents, ate a frozen pizza, and then went to Sonic for ice cream!!!  Kevin did greet me at the door with a dozen beautiful red roses and a bag of hershey kisses which was very sweet.


Before my parents brought the kids back home and reality sat in,  Kevin gave me another unexpected surprise.  It's really neat how he presented the whole thing too.  Now call me crazy but I love those Pillow Pets!  You know the ones that are advertised on TV in every kind of animal imaginable?  I grew to love sleeping on Maddox's until it fell apart; then I had to take over Marley Grace's.  With that said, when Kevin went out to his truck and came back in with a big pink pillow pet for me I was ecstatic!  My very own!  How wonderful!  Now if you'll  remember these pillow pets are not just pillows; they fold up and velcro together supposedly so that they can double as a small suitcase??  Yeah right I say.  Anyway, Kevin had my new pillow pet folded together when he gave it to me.  When I opened it up to lay it out this is what popped out
Yes this is a jump drive, and when I saw it I was like, "what the heck is this?"  Of course he proceeded to tell me to take it to the computer and check out a slide show that  he had made for me.  I was thinking to myself "what has he done?"  So when I put it in and saw this
I nearly came out of my seat.  He proceeds to tell me that in July we will be really celebrating our 10 year anniversary at The Royal in Cancun, Mexico!!!  Can you say super excited?  Can you say best present ever?  Can you say surprised?  YES to all three!!!  What a great way to end December 8th 2011.  I'm even more proud of his creativity.  I give him an A+ and I can't wait until JULY!  WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for the two of you....something very special to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete