Friday, December 9, 2011

It's that time of year!

Christmas is upon us!  In 16 days it will be here and trust me, the count-down started at 66 days away at our house!  We've had some fun making new Christmas family traditions this season.  On November 26th "John Kaddy" our sly Elf friend made his way to our home.  This is our first year to follow the "Elf on the Shelf" tradition.  The kids absolutely love him and look forward to waking up each morning and discovering just where he is hiding out.  I'll have to say that Kevin and I are having just as much fun with him as the kids are.  I would like to lie and say that John Kaddy's presence has tremendously had an effect on the kids behavior but actually they just think up something new to tell him each day that they want for Christmas.  We are certainly attempting to use him as leverage though so to speak! 
John Kaddy hanging out in the Nativity scene!


Another fun thing we're doing each day as we count-down to Christmas is actually something that our sweet pre-school minister Mrs. Martha gave us and all of the families at FBC.  Each night we sit down as a family and read scripture pertaining to the Christmas story.  We have different verses each night and after we read them we cut out the strips of paper to make a Christmas story count-down chain.  It's been a great way for the kids to hear the true meaning of Christmas and how Jesus was born.  We all look forward to it each night after supper. 

Christmas is so much fun with our kids.  It's so fun seeing it through the eyes of your own children.  I remember how excited I was as I anticipated all of the magic of the season when I was a little girl.  I'm so thankful I'm now getting to experience it with my own precious ones! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so good. You need to write a book. You do an excellent job. Thanks for letting us a share a part of what you are doing. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete