Thursday, February 18, 2010

A lesson from the ordinary routine


As I was walking on the treadmill today, my mind began to wander into deep thought as it often does during this time. I was replaying the events from earlier in the day when I had a revelation of what maybe God may be trying to tell me so many times as I go about my daily life. You see, today started off as normal and chaotic as any other morning. I woke up at 5:30, showered, fed Maddox, got the kids lunches ready, got them fed and ready for school, bags packed, and all the "morning" duties we have to do before school each day. Thursdays are always more hectic and while I kind of dread the early morning hustle and bustle, I am always glad to have the long break thanks to mothers day out. It's good for them and it's good for me. Well as I was cranking the car, loading our stuff, and putting Maddox in, Marley Grace went ahead and got in her seat and buckled in. As she walked out of the house she slammed the door behind her leaving Griffin inside by himself thinking we'd left him. When I went back inside to get him he was very upset, crying and screaming mommy, mommy, don't leave me. That's when I knelt down, hugged him, wiped his little face and told him I'd never leave him. He immediately got better. All it took was the comfort of his momma telling him that she'd never leave him. So that was that....I picked him up, put him in the car and we were off to school. I didn't think another thing about this until later when I had this "revelation" on the treadmill. That being that so often I think that I as a mom, wife, daughter, and friend feel like I wear so many hats and do so many things, yet at the same time I'm left in a room all by myself, all alone crying for someone to come and rescue me......kind of like Griffin. It is then that I remember that I am God's child and that He has promised that He will "never leave me or forsake me." Sometimes it IS tough and I DO feel alone but I'm not. How incredibly awesome it was that God used my own son today to remind me of that special promise He made to us as His children. As I was finishing up my walk, listening to my I-Pod, the song "You Never Let Go" came on by Matt Redman. I got chills all over my body because it was EXACTLY what I'd been thinking and feeling the whole time. I don't think it was conincidence at all. I think God heard my prayers today and for that I'm thakful:) I am going to post the link to the Matt Redman song on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw

1 comment:

  1. Isn't He amazing to show us His promises through the simple things in life?! Thanks for sharing! I love this song, too- I think I'll add it to my ipod now!! :)
    P.S.- LOVE the blog!! SO glad you did this!!

    ReplyDelete