Sunday, March 21, 2010

 Kevin was out of town this weekend on an annual fishing trip so on Friday I decided that we would attempt to go and see the Easter bunny and eat supper at the mall. Marley Grace has NEVER cared for Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, the Chick fil A cow, or anything "dressed up" since she was 6 months old. So I knew when I ran this idea of fun by her that her response would not be thrilling to say the least. Griffin was very excited to my surprise and eagerly awaited until it was time to go and sit in the Easter bunny's lap, all the while Marley Grace trying to convince him that he didn't need to. Haha! Mother and Daddy were able to go with us so we went and ate first in the food court. When we got there we could barely hear ourselves speak because some kind of "dancing school" was there apparently teaching people how to dance and advertising dance lessons to the public. It was a little crazy needless to say because Marley Grace got a little nervous about it all. We spent most of our supper time convincing her that no one was going to come and get her and make her dance. Again....just like her, making us laugh and making us crazy too!
When we finally made it over to the Easter bunny, dragging Marley Grace behind us, we see her sweet little friend from church whom she loves.....Hallie! She is sitting in the Easter bunny's lap!! Boy was I glad to see this because this showed her that it was not scary or either Hallie had a little talk with her about it. Not sure which because I saw them doing some "girl talk" while I talked to Jennifer, Hallie's mom. The only conditon for Marley Grace was that I get in the picture too. No, I didn't want to but of course I did! Everyone did great and Marley Grace smiled. Of course Griffin made his usual expression and Maddox was clueless.
Daddy took some pics with his camera and mine too. Griffin wanted to know if the bunny talked and we got so tickeld at him because actually the Easter bunny at the mall can't talk because of his costume. Well Trapp told Griff to go and ask him if he talked so he ran back up to him and said, "hey Easter bunny, do you talk?" I can't imagine what that person was thinking but he or she just nodded. We laughed!! It was fun and of course by the time we got home I was worn out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment