Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Waiting.....

I want to share these verses from Matthew that my dear friend Ashley gave me to read recently:
     "So I tell you, don't worry about the food or drink you need to live, or about the clothes you need for your body.  Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothes.  Look at the birds in the air. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them.  And you know that you are worth much more than the birds.  You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it."
    "The thing you should want most is God's kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things will be given to you. So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."
                                                            Matthew 6: 25-27, 33-34

Today we are waiting on daddy's test results and while I'm tending to the kids, washing clothes, playing outside, and doing all of the chores, I find myself "worrying."  It is human nature plain and simple.  I was just now putting up dishes and these verses that Ashley sent me came to mind.  "Do not worry."  It's wrong to worrry......it's NOT going to change anything.  In fact, it's doubting what God can and is going to do.  So while I continue on with my day, I am committing the rest of my day (or trying my hardest) to not worrying about tomorrow and the test results we're going to receive.  I am going to live by the scriptures and wait with faith, believing that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment