Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A White Christmas


After a quick Christmas trip to Madison and Brookhaven in 2 days, we are home at last.  It went by in the blink of an eye literally.  Sometimes I wish I had the power just to stop the clock for a little while.  Don't we all?  Christmas is so magical and fun and it seems as if every year it goes by a little bit faster.  My parents always told me it would but HA.....I never believed them til now.  The most amazing thing happened here in Tupelo this year that was quite unexpected.  SNOW!  About 3 inches on the ground when we woke up on Christmas morning!  I was the first to see it and man was it beautiful.  I've never seen a white Christmas in my 31 years here until now.   I always sing the song at Christmas time "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas," but this year it really happened.  The kids were beside themselves as you might imagine.  Santa Claus and snow!!  Griffin wasn't sure what he wanted to do first, play in the snow or open presents.  Of course the kids got some snow ball fighting in before our trip south.  The snow truly made it a memorable Christmas for us.  I'm kinda sad it's all over but I'm also ready to get back into our routine.  It seems as if we've been off schedule for months now so I feel like we are all ready to get back to "reality" for a while.  I hope all of your Christmas's were wonderful and you got to spend them doing exactly what you wanted to do!  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment