Well I sit here typing in a clean house. The trees are down, decorations boxed up, wrapping paper and boxes put away until next year. All of the bright festive signs of the Christmas season have slowly disappeared tonight as we cleaned the house up. As we were taking the ornaments off the tree Marley Grace says to me, "mommy I wish it could be Christmas all year long." For a fleeting moment I thought the same thing seeing as how it all went by so fast. Questions filled my mind such as, "did I listen to enough Christmas carols?" "Did we read enough Christmas stories?" I said that I was going to slow down this season and savor every teensy little bit of the holiday but still nonetheless, it came and went so fast. I replied to Marley Grace that Christmas is so special and if it lasted all year then it wouldn't be special anymore, which is so true.
While I'm a little sad that my absolute favorite time of year is over, I'm also looking forward to 2011 and what God has in store for our family. With January we usually set goals for the upcoming year and that's always fun and also good therapy for me. I've learned so much in 2010 about life.....how precious it is and how quickly it can be taken away, that we as American citizens don't realize that if we have a roof over our heads, we are considered "wealthy" compared to 75% of the world. I want to make the most of my time here using the gifts that God has graciously given me to serve Him and others. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. I'm really looking forward to the newness that the new year brings, even getting my house in order! That's a big goal of mine! These are just some of the goals I've set for myself for the upcoming year. So I suppose I say good-bye to Christmas now and get ready for what's next. 2010 was wonderful and I know that 2011 will be too. I pray that your family will be blessed in 2011. Happy New Year friends and oh yeah........GO DAWGS!
Kim this post is inspiring! I needed a new take on moving on I've been mourning Christmas passing a little myself-even still listening to Christmas music! I want to hear your organizing ideas sometime and wish you and your family a Happy New Year!!!! Love ya! -Jennifer
ReplyDeleteKim....you do such a good expressing your thoughts. I always enjoy reading your blog. If I let myself, I could get real melancholy. With our parents the age they are and with their conditions, you just never know. But then I remind myself that God goes before us and that His order and timing are perfect. I can always have joy because of Him. I, too, am excited about the coming year. Whatever it holds, I will trust in Him. Love you sweet daughter-in-love.
ReplyDelete